The idea that you can actually create your world may sound far-fetched, but we hold the power to do so in our minds and spirit. Many people are coming to this realization with the “law of attraction” movement (sometimes called “New Thought“). They have used it as a way to increase their wealth, attract new jobs, electronics, lost pets, and even to get pregnant. But, there is more to the “law of attraction” than just attracting physical things. We also attract emotions, and spiritual “tests” of sorts. If you are very angry you will attract angry people or situations in which your anger might “get the best of you.” The Seven Essene Mirrors seems to explain this better.
The Seven Essene Mirrors
Gregg Braden studied the Essenes who were the early followers of Jesus (Yehoshua) by going to different monasteries and studying their ancient writings to get a better view of what they believed. After his studies he came up with the Seven Essene Mirrors to describe how they believed this world reacts to us and our emotions. It is heavily tied to Jesus (Yehoshua) who told us to pray with faith in his name/character and then what we prayed for would be done. Our faith is what causes it to occur. For more information on him, check out the Gregg Braden’s Teachings page.
The idea of the 7 Essene Mirrors is that when you run into something substantial in your life, it may be reflecting to you:
- Who You Are – If you’re angry you attract more anger from yourself or others. If you’re calm, you will attract calm people or calm situations. If you’re hateful, you’ll attract hate, if you’re petty and unforgiving, others will act the same way towards you.
- What You Judge – If you haven’t forgiven people when they make mistakes, you’ll see it more and more until you realize you should be forgiving. If you really hate it when people talk during movies, you may attract that into your life so that you can deal with why it upsets you.
- What You Lost – If you’ve lost, given away or had something taken from you, you may keep seeing others who have that thing or situation. This may result in an attraction (spark) towards someone that you don’t know why you’re attracted to them. The attraction is because they have something that you want in your life, such as a good job, or family, etc. These situations will come up in order to make you deal with your regret that you don’t have it. You are unaware consciously of this regret, which is why your subconscious is bringing it to your attention. Once you are conscious of it, you can make a choice to go after the thing you want, or choose that you don’t want it enough to change your life. Once you make a conscious decision one way or the other, the spark should go away. In the video below Gregg Braden explains how this led to an office affair between two people, and once they figured it out, the affair fizzled.
- Most Forgotten Love – If you have an unfinished relationship to finish it might continue to show up. This may be a past-life thing, but doesn’t have to be. You may have had issues with your mother who died, and run into someone else who you have the same relationship issue with in order for you to finally deal with this issue.
- Father / Mother – Our dads & moms are like “gods” to us as kids. They are our “source” of food, housing, love, etc. and they make the rules/commandments for our early lives. This reflects our relationship with the heavenly Father/Mother. If you have a bad relationship with your parents, such as your dad not being around, it may be a reflection of you feeling like your heavenly Father is not around. The “mother” side to the creator is the Holy Spirit / Wisdom side that God created through, so a relationship issue with your mother may have something to do with how you feel about your relationship with YHWH’s creative power – His Holy Spirit.
- Dark Night of the Soul – This is a quest for darkness, looking within at all your faults and fears in order to increase in wisdom & grow.
- Your Self-Perception – Others treat you the way you view yourself
If you view yourself as ugly, they will treat you that way.
If you view yourself as undeserving of good pay, you won’t get it.
If you don’t forgive yourself, you won’t be forgiven.
By your state of mind and spirit you are attracting these situations and people into your life as mirrors so that you will improve yourself. The process of getting pure and being refined from bad habits is difficult, but it is very worth it. When you realize that the things in your life are happening because of how you feel inside, you will realize with some meditation, and spiritual work, you can truly change the world around you!
The idea behind the Essene Mirrors is basically the Golden Rule. These life experiences we go through are here to get us to judge ourselves before judging others, love others as we would want to be loved (unconditionally), and then love ourselves with that same unconditional love, in which case the world will be a more loving and accepting place to be!
Law of Attraction
The law of attraction is basically defined as the ability to attract what you’re mentally focusing on through the power of programming your subconscious with new thought patterns. You become mindful and rather than letting the mainstream media, or friends and family tell you what you can and cannot do and what you should or should not do, you can wipe away the old programming code that you used to rely on to create your world, and instead write new code to create your world.
Our subconscious is a fertile garden that takes seeds of thoughts and lets them flourish into our realities. Usually people listen to TV, movies, teachers, parents, friends, advertisements and more and let those thought patterns enter into their subconscious. Their agreement or disagreement with these external thought patterns determines whether the thought pattern “seeds” get fertilized or not.
Thought patterns such as “you can’t get a good job without going to college” will be allowed to grow into your reality if you believed that when you heard it. However if every time you heard someone say that to you, you thought, “That’s not true. Plenty of people have great jobs without going to college,” then you will not let those seeds mature into your reality.
This is why we were told to think on positive things and not allow negative things to even enter our sight/minds.
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think on these things. 9 Whatever you have learned and received and heard from me, and seen in me, put these things into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
If someone attempts to use the “law of attraction” to attract wealth because they’re greedy, according to the 7 Essene Mirrors, they will be met with other greedy people so that their greed will become manifest to them. The Mirrors are there so we will get purified. Using the law of attraction in a negative manner may get mixed results. Another example would be “sending the message” for $10,000 specifically, and then finding out your favorite uncle died and left you $10,000. Now you got the money, but your favorite uncle had to die in order for you to get it. This result might wake you up to what your priorities in life should be. Florence Scovel Shinn talks about how to ask for things correctly in her book, “The Game of Life and How to Play It.”
The Game of Life and How To Play It
Florence Scovel Shinn’s book, “The Game of Life and How to Play It,” goes through the “rules of the game of life.” The book combines the ideas of the law of attraction and how to reprogram your subconscious into creating a better world through affirmations. For more information on her and her ideas, see the page Florence Scovel Shinn.
Affirmations are basically the new thought patterns that you want to code your subconscious with. Examples include, “I am thankful for this wonderful business in a wonderful way, where I give wonderful service for wonderful pay,” “I am a blessing to others and everything works out perfectly,” or “I am loving and kind, and others are loving and kind towards me.” These are basically prayers that are said knowing they’ve already been fulfilled because God knows what you want before you ask for it. We just have to do the asking. We have to affirm they’ve been granted through our faith. For more information and a list of affirmations see the Affirmations page.Follow or Contact Links